Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Bernabe Concepcion, Nonito Donaire vs. Hernan Marquez - Press Conference (Photos & Videos)

source: Rafael Soto/Zanfer | fightnews.com

If the boxers stay on course this Saturday night in Puerto Rico should a night of fireworks as all four combatants in the two main fights are willing to put on a show any time they step into the ring and even if the champions Juan Manuel “Juanma” Lopez and Nonito “The Flilipino Flash” Donaire are favorite the challenger are looking to spoil their plans.





“If should be a great fight because we both come to fight and I know how strong and tough Bernabe Concepcion is. I will not underestimate him. I worked very hard to get to this level and I will never take anything for granted,” Lopez, said yesterday during the final press conference in Puerto Rico.

Lopez will defend his WBO featherweight championship against Bernabe Concepcion this Saturday night (Sunday morning in Manila) in the Coliseo of Puerto Rico and Donaire will defended his WBA Interim super flyweight crown against Hernan “Tyson” Marquez in a big doubleheader to be telecast live by Showtime in the United States.

“I am honored to fighting a great champion like Juan Manuel Lopez in his home, but I have come to win and take the title back to the Philippines. This is the most important fight of my career and I have prepared like never before for this fight,” Concepcion said.

Donaire who is a two-time world champion is a big favorite over Marquez.

“I know that Marquez is coming off a loss and that makes him very dangerous as he will try to get back on the winning track. He is a strong guy and I will have to fight him smart. I expect him to come at me and I will be ready for him,” Donaire said.

Marquez a 21 year old prospect wil be fighting for a world title for the first time in his career.

“This opportunity came to me from nowhere and I took it, because I know I can win this fight. Donaire is a great boxer, but I believe that I not only that I can compete with him but defeat him as I will do everything in my power to take the belt home with me on Saturday night,” Marquez, said.










Download POWCAST free toolbar to get instant access to contents

Easiest ways to increase traffic to your site, guaranteed result

Comments