Concepcion primed for Juanma

ABS-CBN NEWS


The main event of “The Challenge,” meantime, features Puerto Rican superstar Juan Manuel “Juanma” Lopez and Filipino Bernabe “The Real Deal” Concepcion.

Lopez, World Boxing Organization (WBO) featherweight champion, is unbeaten with 28 wins (with 25 KOs) while Concepcion has 28 wins (with 15 KOs), 3 losses and 1 draw.



Just like Marquez, Concepcion is determined to claim the world title at stake in his fight.

“I am honored to fighting a great champion like Juan Manuel Lopez in his home, but I have come to win and take the title back to the Philippines. This is the most important fight of my career and I have prepared like never before for this fight,” he said.

While he is favored to extend his winning streak, Lopez said he will not underestimate the abilities of Concepcion who is said to be the underdog.

“If should be a great fight because we both come to fight and I know how strong and tough Bernabe Concepcion is. I will not underestimate him. I worked very hard to get to this level and I will never take anything for granted,” assured the Puerto Rican.

Another Filipino, Eden Sonsona (21-5, 7 KOs), is included in the fight card of “The Challenge.” He will fight Jonathan Oquendo of Puerto Rico (18-2, with 11 KOs).

“The Challenge” will be shown on ABS-CBN Channel 2 on Sunday beginning 10 a.m. It will be replayed on Studio 23 at 7 p.m. -- With a report from FightNews.com

Comments